plaster shaped cast experiments

With the assessment for the individual field project tomorrow I completed a series of solid plaster casts in particular a dome shape tat would make up the head part of my architecture human shaped piece. this time around I decided to cast plaster into a circular shaped lid and then once it was dry remove it and place the solid plaster piece into a clay pot wall and pour a liquid know as Vinamold which is especially good at not just forming around the shape but the details of the sheet. unfortunately when removing the plaster the plaster piece cracked and the cast was damaged which has resulted in a dent on the top of the piece which is visible on all of the pieces. So after this assessment I will redo the casts as the plaster doesn’t have to be completely perfect but has to be of a good enough standard for images to be put on.

IMAG0453 IMAG0454

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s