In order to start and finish the summer project to the best of my ability I divided the segments of information up to make it easier to work through and make sure I dont miss or misunderstand anything. By doing this I discovered individual bits of information:-
- What is Contemporary Art, Design and Craft?
- Is your chosen imagery relatable to your work as a creative practitioner and how so?
- Why these Images/pieces is it the concepts, the materials or their functions?
- How is this work displayed to the general public and potential company interest?
As well as this once I have selected my 15 images analyse them in more detail asking questions such as
- Why was this piece/pieces made?
- How was it made?
- Who for ?
- What materials is it made from?
- How is this piece/pieces valued ?
- What is its function ?
- How many of these pieces have been made ?
- What is its social, historical or political impact or importance ?
A lot of this I really struggled to understand so their is a good chance a lot of this will be called out during tutorials, but all you can do is try. Once this is achieved i have to analyze where these pieces would be situated and which events would you display them at.
Research into events such as
- 100% Design
And from these events how :-
- Are they significant in advertising and displaying individuals work ?
- Who are the potential buyers/ investors in the work ?
- What are the benefits of visiting and displaying work in such events ?
- And if you were exhibiting what would you have to think about in order to be successful at such events ?