Today with a group of fellow makers we discussed as a group with Jon our ideas for the projects that we are seeing through to completion and the progress with them. breaking it down into individual projects I summarised that :-
- Bams medal was now in Craft in the Bay but I am hoping to redo a second pour next term and have at least two cast medals in exhibition, I have spoken to Pip my head of year and Dallas that runs foundry and they are both happy in redoing the process providing it is organised in advance to ensure their is enough material left for anyone else who needs it.
- The Light project at this moment in time I am looking to make the final piece but I am not sure whether I want to go forward and enter the piece for the competition aspect mainly for confidence but more workload and deadline balance. How this will work for marking I am not sure and will have to clarify more next tem but I am hopeful this will be okay.
- Work Experience was great despite circumstances not going my way, having experience in industry was really beneficial and I hope in the end of year exhibition to show these areas of development as a continuing portfolio of work and have outcomes that highlight what I learnt from the placement.
- Faking it was really positive and the set is getting its value time wise and so far is set up for in three different display areas one of which will be down in the bay so there will be two pieces of my work in exhibition in the Bay in April wahoo.
- Make your mark ideas are minimal at the moment but I am looking to get in contact with artists to discuss ideas and such and bring this back to portfolio work, whether this will work or not I am not sure but its in its early days so fingers crossed things wont go to wrong along the way.